What Kind of Massage Does Your Horse Need?
Here are the types of massage I offer:
- Swedish Massage: Used for relaxation, calming, and improving circulation.
- Sports Massage: To prevent injury, maintain flexibility, and rehabilitate from injury.
-Stimulation Massage: This is mostly used prior to competition to energize and warm up the muscles and increase circulation.
- Performance Enhancement Massage: loosens muscles, frees joints, increases suppleness.
-Structural Integration: balances muscles so joints can move properly. Releases stress points.
- Injury Prevention Massage: probably the most important! Massage on a regular basis can detect and resolve muscle imbalances before a problem develops. This can also help a stall bound horse improve circulation.
- Myofascial Release/ Trigger Point Massage: Releases tightness in connective tissue and the belly of the muscle (instead of the attachments to the bone as in Stress Point therapy)
Feel free to ask questions for clarification. I could talk about this all day, but am trying to keep these posts short so you don’t feel like you’re reading an entire book!
17 Notes/ Hide
- aristotellian likes this
- horselove01 likes this
- free-on-a-horse likes this
- camerasetgo likes this
- fit-and-healthy-for-tomorrow likes this
- saxonogy likes this
- the-eventingnerd likes this
- to-be-difficult likes this
- atributetosuccess reblogged this from equinefeather
- indigosphere likes this
- equinefeather reblogged this from lusitanoqueen
- spirithorse reblogged this from beverlyjacobsequinemassage
- outtoloseherself answered: my pony needs a massage which makes her bigger!
- ascending-oxer likes this
- beverlyjacobsequinemassage posted this